Curated calendar with indie game events, conferences and play festivals worldwide.
- This event has passed.
Different Perspectives: Art Games Festival
January 28 - January 30
Different Perspectives: Art Games Festival is a triptych of activities, each of which plays a unique role in supporting and helping to grow games as an art form.
- The exhibition Relive/Herleef showcases autobiographical video games. (20 – 23 January 2022 & 27 – 30 January 2022)
- The Networking Day brings creators together to meet, exchange experience and collaborate. (21 January 2022)
- During Global Game Jam Antwerp, creatives team up to make games in 48 hours time. (28-30 January 2022)
As a whole, these activities highlight and celebrate the cultural value of video games during this two week festival in Het Bos.
Not a gamer? Not a game developer? Not a problem! In the exhibition Relive/Herleef we welcome everyone with an open mind and cultural interest. We make sure anyone can discover the artistic potential of the 21st century’s most revolutionary medium.
The festival takes place over two weekends in Antwerp, Belgium.
Weekend 1: Exhibition + networking day
Weekend 2: Exhibition + Global Game Jam
An exhibition of autobiographical video games.
Each work tells a different story, and different stories often need different ways of arousing empathy: different forms of experiencing, or in this case…. Reliving.
Relive / Herleef presents games that give new insights into what games can be, both in terms of content and form.
It showcases topics such as mental health issues, war experiences, loss of loved ones, body image and eating disorders. But also positive experiences such as the value of peace, family and LGBTQ+ love are highlighted.
Some games are made by teams over the course of several years, and were published globally. Some are made by one person in several days, as a form of personal expression. But they all share heartfelt personal experiences, each in their own way.
- Brukel – Bob De Schutter and Bie Verlinden
- Consume me – Jenny Jiao Hsia, AP Thomson
- That Dragon, Cancer – Amy and Ryan Green
- Coming out simulator – Nicky Case
- Lieve Oma – Florian Veltman
- plum road tea dream (research) – Samuel Baidoo
- BRR – Vaida Plankytė
- Compass – Linsey Raymaekers
- The Book Ritual – Alistair Aitcheson
- The Beginner’s Guide – Davey Wreden
Global Game Jam Antwerp
During the second weekend of the festival, the annual global game jam takes place!
Be ready to team up, unleash your creativity and make the most amazing game you and your teammates possibly can!
Each edition there will be a secret theme that will be revealed at the start of the event. We will provide you with a location, food and a separate sleeping area so you can work your magic during these intense 48 hours.
Even if you have never developed a game you can still participate at this event. We welcome all people with all kinds of skills. If you’re a musician, developer, writer, artist … don’t hesitate and join!