14 Feb 2012 – Second edition of Control Gamelab in Pakhuis de Zwijger was all about Global Game Jam 2012, specifically Global Game Jam NL. What happened? What games were made? What to do with your game after the jam?
Below you will find a short photo report of the event.
Showcasing Audience Awarded game Croctail (GGJNL Hilversum)
Showcasing Audience Awarded game “You Keep Dropping These Things And Don’t Seem To Notice” (GGJNL Enschede)
JP van Seventer and Matthijs Dierckx talking with Dylan Nagel about his GGJ experiences as a professional.
A couple of international games were shown to the crowd. Below Hyper Manly Rainbow Chesthair Shooter (FGJ Kajaani)
Guus Hoeve talks about his team’s game Catch-22 (GGJNL Amsterdam)
Jury Award winner “The Small Bang Theory” (GGJNL Breda)
Jury Award Winner “Size Matters” (GGJNL Hilversum)
Audience voted “Kleine Uil” winner: Catch-22!
Vlambeer & Friends accepted the challenge to do a hyper game jam during the hours of Control Gamelab. They created the game “Café Noir” within 2 hours.
In the photo: Rami Ismail, Eric Bartelson, Roy Nathan de Groot and Rutger Muller.
Jan-Willem Nijman plays through the game that was made within 2 hours from scratch.
Read more about Café Noir game: http://www.vlambeer.com/2012/02/15/cafe-noir-hyper-game-jam/
Café Noir timelapse video:
Berlin experiences by Dutch team:
Want to know more?
- zo-ii Control Gamelab #2 photo set
- Photo report Control Magazine (in Dutch)
- Photos by Arno Landsbergen and Dutch Game Garden
- GGJ Berlin video & article Control
- Storify report by Dutch Game Garden (in Dutch)
- Gamer.nl interview with Vlambeer about Café Noir (in Dutch)
- Control Hyper Game Jam process video
- GGJNL 2012 Games: Amsterdam, Leeuwarden, Hilversum, Enschede, Breda