- Co- Curator & Project Manager: Iris Peters
- Location: Willem Twee kunstruimte, ‘s Hertogenbosch
- Supported by: Willem Twee kunstruimte and Gemeente ‘s-Hertogenbosch
- Partners: Wave of Tomorrow
- Artists: Eugénie Pastor, Louise Orwin, The 100Hands, Mojra Vogelnik-skerlj, Jasper Dzuki Jelen, Jade van den Hout, Jochem Naafs
- Special Thanks: Ivonne van der Velden, Paul Schmidt, Tim Bosje – Gerritsen, Joy van Scheijndel, Vega met Ballen
- Photography & Video: Tomo Kihara
- 25 feet footage: Heleen Schalkwijk and Herre Vermeer
- Idea & Curation
- Live documentation + video
Playful Arts Sessions: The Encounter. 8 June 2017.
One evening, two interactive and playful performances, a lovely dinner and a live conversation with the artists. Playful Arts Sessions: The Encounter was all about encountering each other and the artists who make it possible.
Playful Arts Sessions: The Encounter featured:
– The Loneliness of Crowds, an interactive experience with blindfolds, get immersed in a festival experience.
– 25Feet, an interactive dance performance about physical proximity.
We brought over performance artists Louise Orwin & Eugénie Pastor from the UK. They were joined by interactive dance group The 100Hands from the Netherlands. There was also be dinner by Vega met Ballen and an aftertalk with moderator Jochem Naafs and the artists.
The Loneliness of Crowds
The Loneliness of Crowds is an immersive experience for one to two blindfolded participants. Helped by a few committed volunteers, artists Eugénie Pastor and Louise Orwin re-create for the participants the experience of a festival crowd. The 10 minute long experience sees the participants take part in a karaoke, crowdsurf, shelter from the rain and dance. At the end of their experience, the participants’ blindfolds are removed, they are invited to stay for the next round, and in turn, contribute to the next participant’s experience, providing the same care and gentleness they received.
More info: http://louiseorwin.com/the-loneliness-of-crowds
An interactive dance performance about the dynamics between intimacy and violence
At a distance of 25 feet (7.6m) and further people interact publicly, mainly as viewers and performers. By placing the audience together with two performers in a square of 25ft2, everyone – willingly or not – enters each others ‘social space’. From there begins the journey closer and closer, into ‘personal’ and ‘intimate space’: areas where the most violent and intimate physical interactions happen.
25Feet is a sober, effectively designed, interactive dance performance about physical proximity and the dynamics between violence and intimacy.
More info: https://www.the100hands.com/25feet-en
Concept: Jasper Džuki Jelen and Mojra Vogelnik-Škerlj
Performance: Jasper Džuki Jelen and Mojra Vogelnik-Škerlj / Jade van den Hout
Music composition: Mohamed Shafik
Artistic advice: Moos van den Broek